The Scene Talent Competition (TSTC) is open to all Ontario residents.
How to Register
- Submit your application by the due date. Applications will be accepted between February 28, 2017 and May 14, Applications received after this date will not be permitted.
- Submit your application online, or at the Music Scene (1916-1B Dundas Street E, Whitby).
- Audition dates will be confirmed after we have processed your application.
- We accept credit card payment online and cash payments in person
- Submit your registration fee with your application – fees will not be refunded if you choose to cancel.
- Please make your payment through snap tix
- You may audition for any of the following. You are able to audition for more than one:
Instrumental, Vocal, Vocal and Instrumental, Bands, Dance (all genres), Dance Groups.
- All contestants under 17 must be accompanied by an adult but will be required to audition alone.
- Adjudication- Contestants will be judged on Presentation; Creativity; and Ability.
- By submitting an entry form, each entrant, parent or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) authorizes the use of competitor’s name, photo, audio and/or video recording for publicity and advertisement purposes related to the competition.
- Please choose an appropriate song for your audition, no swearing allowed.
- Sportsmanlike behavior is expected at all times. TSTC encourages a fun positive atmosphere with the TSTC staff, teachers, musicians, dancers, and parents. Any behavior that is anything but good sportsmanship will result in instant disqualification, with no refunds or credits to be issued.
- TSTC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Videotaping and flash photography is prohibited. The camera/recording device will be confiscated and material will be removed. The owner can pick the device up at the end of the day. This is for the protection of the musicians, dancers and the choreography. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
- No signed musicians are allowed to participate.
- You should have 2 songs prepared, however you may only be asked to perform one.
- There will be no accompanist at the auditions, please provide your own tracks or provide your own instruments.
- There will be a keyboard upon request for pianists.
- Instrumentalists are allowed to sign up as soloists and can have their own background music but cannot have an accompaniment
- Dance performances should be no longer than 2.5 minutes and no less than 2 minutes.
- There will be no accompanists at the auditions, please provide your own tracks.
Questions regarding the competition and registration can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org